3-5-3: Arm sleeves, knee sleeves, lower leg sleeves, compression shorts and tights are permissible.
• Anything worn on the arm and/or leg is a sleeve, except a knee brace, and must meet the color restrictions.
• Sleeves/tights, compression shorts shall be black, white, beige or the predominant color of the jersey and the same color sleeves/tights must be worn by teammates.
• All sleeves/tights, compression shorts must be the same solid color and must be the same color as any headband or wristband worn.
• Sleeves/tights and compression shorts must meet the logo requirements. See NFHS Rule 3-6.
• Note: A brace is defined as anything worn for a medical purpose to increase stability. In general, it is made of neoprene or elastic knit with an insert embedded to support the joint. It may or may not have a hinge and/or straps or an opening over the knee cap.
Wristbands and Headwear
3-5-4: Wristbands and headwear must meet the following guidelines:
• Headbands and wristbands may be white, black, beige or the predominant color of the jersey and must be the same color for each item and all participants. They must also be the same color as any sleeve/tights worn.
• A headband is any item that goes around the entire head. It must be a circular design without extensions. If worn, only one headband is permitted, it must be worn on the forehead/crown. It must be nonabrasive and unadorned and may be a maximum of 3 inches wide. Pre-Wrap is not a headband because it is required to be tied.
• If worn, only one wristband is permitted on each wrist. Each must be worn on the arm below the elbow. It must be moisture-absorbing, nonabrasive, unadorned, and a maximum of 4 inches.
• Rubber, cloth, or elastic bands may be used to control hair and are not subject to color restrictions.
Hard items, including, but not limited to, beads, barrettes and bobby pins, are prohibited. See NFHS Rule 3-5-4d
• Headbands/wristbands must comply with logo requirements. See NFHS Rule 3-6.
3-5-6: Undershirts must be a single solid color similar to the torso of the jersey.
• Shirts must be hemmed with no frayed or ragged edges.
• If the shirt has sleeves, they must be the same length.
A note was added to Rule 3-5-5 to permit folding or rolling the shorts at the natural waistband seam. The new language does state that the shorts have to be in compliance with Rule 3-4-5, which restricts uniform pants/skirts to one visible manufacturer’s logo/trademark/reference. If player has a visible logo on the jersey, if shorts are rolled, the logo cannot be visible too.